Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Helmet and Jacket

So my friend found a great template to make a cardboard helmet and then coat it with fiberglass. Here are some progress pics of that.




 Taped Up.
 Layer of resin.
 Fiberglassed inside.
Peaks sanded smooth.
Filled in with bondo, primer, and putty.

I also found a decent jacket pattern, have to change some details but its pretty good considering how few patterns are available for men. I already sewed up a rough cut from muslin and a bedsheet to see where I need to make the major changes. The front panel will be last after the jacket is made.


 Left the pockets, cuffs, and wrist slits off. Have to change the collar so it flips up under my chin and extend the front panels for the zipper.
Added a faux back flap under the yolk, but going to make the yolk and flap higher.

No comments:

Post a Comment