Monday, July 7, 2014

The making of a Villain

I've always enjoyed dressing up and putting together costumes. I hadn't been to a real convention till this year, Heroes Con in Charlotte, NC. It was there that a friend and I decided we had to go to Dragon Con. I have many costumes....Darth Vader, Biker Scout, Rorschach, Corto Maltese, Roy Mustang, Indiana Jones, and Kroenen....but I wanted to do something new. So I saw the chance to do the Rocketeer. I loved the movie as a kid and he looks pretty awesome. While searching for vinyl and seeing how cheap the black stuff was, I figured why not make an evil version....the bad Roketeer......the NAZI Rocketeer! What if they had gotten their hands on Cliff Secord and the jetpack.....Thus Die Roketieur was born, an elite Waffen SS Soldier. I took a drawing by Dave Stevens and used photoshop and illustrator to make my mock up of what is to come.


Original Colored Version.

Sketch Version from book that I scanned to use.
Sketch for Eagle Fin.
More or less finished version.

No comments:

Post a Comment